Khichadi is an Ayurvedic dish made of grains, lentils, and spices. It is a nutritious, balanced meal that is easy to digest and helps to restore balance in the body. It is often recommended for those who are recovering from an illness or just feeling unwell. Khichadi is known to be a great source of energy and is considered to be a comfort food. It is also said to help reduce inflammation and aid in detoxification. The combination of different grains and lentils helps to provide a balanced source of carbohydrates, proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals. Khichadi is also known to be a good source of dietary fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion and regularity.
1. 2 cups of basmati rice
2. 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee
3. 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
4. 2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste
5. 1 cup of chopped vegetables (onions, carrots, potatoes, etc.)
6. 2 tablespoons of coriander powder
7. 1 teaspoon of garam masala
8. Salt to taste
1. Soak the basmati rice for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a pot over medium heat.
3. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
4. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
5. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Add the coriander powder and garam masala and stir.
7. Add the soaked basmati rice and mix well.
8. Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste.
9. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
10. Let the khichadi cook for about 15 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
11. Serve the khichadi hot with a dollop of ghee or yogurt.